During the lattest update of my VCSA 7.0 I got the following error message „Update installation failed. vCenter Server is non-operational.“. That means that you cannot go on with the update wizzard. A reboot didn´t help either.
So that the way to go!
- Login to VCSA by SSH
- Go to -> cd /etc/applmgmt/appliance/
- In there is a file called „software_update_state.conf“ which contains an error from a past update try. By using -> cat software_update_state.conf you can see the exact content of this file.
- Delete that file -> rm software_update_state.conf
- check that the file ist deleted -> ls
- try update in VCSA VAMI (fqnd:5480) again an you now will be able to start the update!